DermalMD Stretch Mark Serum is one of those products that you keep hearing great things about until you have to check it out for yourself to see if it’s worth all the hype.
Lauded by many as an efficient stretch mark cure, we set out to find out whether DermalMD can do all it promises to, or if it’s just another product.
In our honest, in-depth review, we take a look at the ingredient list and testimonials of customers to see how good (or how bad) DermalMD can be for your stretch marks.
What Goes Inside the DermalMD Stretch Mark Serum?
There are several interesting ingredients inside this stretch mark cream. One thing that immediately caught our attention is that it does not seem to have any nasty chemicals, as most of these products tend to. That’s a major plus for the DermalMD Serum, in our book.
- Tripeptide-5 is a synthetic peptide that mimics the effect of natural protein. It has been shown to increase tissue growth when applied topically. It’s typically used for its’ firming and deeply moisturizing effect.
Thanks to its’ ability to deeply penetrate the skin, tripeptide-5 is a favorite ingredient for many moisturizers and anti-aging products. Given its’ effects, we’d say it’s a fairly potent ingredient for treating stretch marks.
- Shea Butter is frequently used in stretch mark products, because of the fact that it’s such a powerful moisturizer. A rich source of vitamin A, Shea butter, improves skin elasticity and encourages the production of collagen and elastin (which can rebuild damaged tissue). It’s also a great anti-inflammatory ingredient that will soothe the redness, itchiness, and overall pain associated with new stretch marks.
- Ascorbic Acid, more widely known as Vitamin C, is another big favorite when dealing with stretch marks. Ascorbic acid affects the fibroblasts in the dermis (the middle layer of skin, where stretch marks form), and thus boosts collagen production.
This makes the skin appear firmer and more bouncy, which in turn improves the appearance of the stretch mark.
- Sweet Almond Oil is also great because of how easily absorbed into the skin it is. It’s one of nature’s most potent moisturizers, which again, makes it ideal for both the prevention and the treatment of stretch marks. It can seriously improve the appearance of damaged skin and scars.
Other ingredients include vitamin E (a powerful emollient and an excellent, natural aid in skin regeneration, which can speed up the healing process) and wheat germ oil (a powerhouse of vitamin A, E, B, and lots of essential fatty acids that strengthen the keratin in the skin.
Judging by the ingredient list alone, the DermalMD Serum is a stretch mark dream. It contains loads of excellent, powerful ingredients and no bad ones.
Judging by The Ingredients, What Can I Expect?
The Serum contains, as you can see, lots of collagen-boosting ingredients, so you should see an improvement in how well moisturized your skin is.
Used regularly, it will lead to your skin appearing suppler and younger. It will also get rid of saggy skin (often associated with stretch marks).
For its’ moisturizing properties, the DermalMD Serum should be a great choice both for those wishing to prevent the appearance of stretch marks, as well as those who want to treat them.
Reviews – What are People Saying?
But does the DermalMD Stretch Mark Serum meet its’ ingredients’ potential? We scoured dozens of reviews to find out what users had to say, both the good and the bad.
- So, in demand it keeps selling out;
- “Stretch marks 70% gone”;
- Visible results in as little as four weeks;
- Scent isn’t too strong, which is good news for pregnant ladies with a sensitivity to smells;
- Good quantity for money;
- Don’t need to use a lot to cover skin;
- Lightens dark stretch marks;
- Leaves the skin feeling soft and moisturized.
- Quite expensive;
- Takes a while to work, so you need to be patient before you see an improvement.
We were frankly astounded at how difficult it is to find a single bad review for this product. Every site we checked seems to be filled with women gushing over how great the DermalMD Stretch Mark Serum is.
So, it passes the review test as well.
So, Does Dermalmd Stretch Mark Serum Actually Work on Stretch Marks?
Yes, judging by all we’ve read about it, both what’s inside and what people are saying, we would say that yes, DermalMD Serum seems to be a great product.
Thanks to its’ great collagen-boosting properties, it should seriously moisturize your skin, which ought to also help prevent the appearance of new stretch marks. Because the more moisturized skin is, the better it’ll be able to put up with a lot of stretching.
As for treating older stretch marks, yes, DermalMD seems to hasten the cell turnover and thus speed up fading and healing.
- DermalMD Stretch Mark Serum – A User’s Guide
Lots of people have questions about how to use this product to get the best results, so we put together a quick and easy user’s guide for you.
- We would recommend using the serum twice daily, for at least thirty days. Though you’ll probably see some difference by the end of a full month, we encourage you to keep using DermalMD for at least another month or two to truly strengthen the collagen in your skin.
- Apply the serum in the morning and in the evening, after a hot shower, since that’s when your skin is at its’ most receptive. The heat of the shower opens up the pores and thus encourages absorption.
- Make sure you only take out small dollops of the product, and that you massage it well (for at least 30 seconds or so) into the affected area. This will stimulate blood flow, which will encourage cell regeneration.
The DermalMD Q&A
And here are some more questions that people frequently asked concerning this product, and that we thought we’d quickly answer for you.
- Is it okay to use DermalMD Serum while pregnant?
Yes, DermalMD Stretch Mark Serum is perfectly safe for use while pregnant. Since all the ingredients are natural and as safe as they possibly can be, they pose no risk to the mother and baby, and the serum is safe both while pregnant and while nursing.
However, we would advise you to wipe the cream off your breasts (if using it there) before you breastfeed.
- How long do I have to wait until I see results?
You can see results in as little as a few days. Several users reported seeing a fading and an overall improvement in the appearance of their stretch marks after only a few days of using.
Failing that, you should see a considerable improvement in your stretch marks by the fourth week of use.
- Do results last? Will they disappear if I stop using the cream?
No, results can’t disappear as such. What this cream does to your skin is stimulate the production of elastin and collagen. It makes it more elastic and better moisturized and speeds up cell turnover.
Once your damaged skin cells have been shed (as is normal), they cannot come back.
But if you decide to stop using DermalMD at some point, we advise you to replace it with a good moisturizer. If your skin becomes excessively dry again or builds up dirt and dead skin cells, the appearance of your stretch marks might worsen.
- Does it work on old (white) stretch marks?
Not as well, no. But it does work to soften and tighten the skin, which will improve the appearance of old stretch marks, so that’s something.
As mentioned, it’s crucial to treat stretch marks as early as possible, because then, you’re working with your body in a joint healing effort.
Would We Recommend It?
Yes, we would recommend DermalMD Stretch Mark Serum. It seems to be effective both in treating and preventing stretch marks.
The only downside we were able to find was the relatively high price, though considering how expensive cosmetic stretch mark procedures can get, we’d say it’s definitely worth the money.
Will it help you? It’s difficult to tell, everyone’s skin is different, but it has all chances to do so, yes. It’s one of the best creams we’ve seen out there.