We’ve heard a lot of great things about using coffee scrubs for stretch marks. So we thought we’d review some of the most popular options out there and give you an idea of what you might expect from such products.
Scrubbing stretch marks is a highly potent activity because it exfoliates the skin. Exfoliation is essential for stretch marks because it gets rid of dead skin cells, which often make stretch marks look worse.
Caffeine is an excellent body scrub ingredient because it improves blood circulation (which also boosts the skin’s healing process for newer stretch marks) and makes skin absorb moisture more easily. It also has a refreshing effect, increasing your overall tonus and your skin’s appearance.
So, without further ado, let’s have a look at the best coffee scrubs on the market.
1. Arabica Coffee Scrub by First Botanic Cosmeceuticals
Best for Natural Ingredients
Let us begin by saying we were astounded by the great reviews we found for this. Several users noted its efficiency in making stretch marks less noticeable, with some even saying they couldn’t see the stretch marks at all. Does that sound like a great recommendation or what?
- Efficient in making new (red) stretch marks disappear;
- Improves circulation;
- Great ingredients like Kona Coffee, Olive Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter, and Coffee Arabica Seed Oil;
- No dangerous chemicals;
- Soothes itchy skin (great for when pregnant!);
- Makes skin super-soft.
- Some said the 20 oz. jar was different and rougher than the stuff in the 12 oz. jar;
- Can be quite abrasive;
- Quite costly;
- Too oily for some.
Overall, it would seem like the good fat outweighed the bad for this particular product. Once again, we were pleased with the all-natural ingredient list. And though we would caution against using this on broken or susceptible skin, we’d recommend this scrub.
General Tip: This is true for all the scrubs on this list. If you have a low tolerance for caffeine or know that you react weirdly when you drink coffee, then maybe coffee scrubs aren’t really for you.
2. Majestic Pure Arabica Coffee Scrub
Best for Stretch Marks
Well, one of the first reviews we saw of this said something along the lines ‘I can’t live without it now’, so that should give you a fair idea of how hyped we were, going into this.
- Tightens flabby skin;
- Lightens stretch marks;
- Rave reviews;
- No dangerous chemicals and an excellent list of organic ingredients (Dead Sea Salt, Sweet Almond Oil, Cocoa Extract, etc.);
- Also great for calluses;
- Pleasant, coffee scent;
- Smooths out scaly, bumpy skin.
- Quite grainy (some don’t like that);
- More expensive than other products (though not the most costly).
This product came with really great reviews (as you saw) and with a list of impressive and natural ingredients. But what we liked best was the many reviews that mentioned seeing a difference in their stretch marks and a tightening in their saggy skin.
And for that reason, we’re recommending it for stretch marks!
General Tip: Make sure you mix the content of the scrub jar before using it. If left to sit a while, the oil part and the grainy part tend to separate, which does not make for very pleasant scrubbing experience!
3. Arabica Coffee Exfoliating Body Scrub by Premium Nature
Best for Budget
We were quite taken both with the all-natural ingredient list and the many excellent reviews this product had.
- Seems to work both for face and body;
- Sweet smell;
- Packed with antioxidants;
- Brightens skin;
- Natural ingredients;
- Improved skin elasticity;
- Faded marks.
- Quite coarse;
- Not suited for sensitive skin;
- Some got a bad product, it seems;
- Rather small.
While we recommend it (we didn’t find anything to make us not recommend it, if you see what we mean), we also think you can find better products for the same price and for perhaps a larger quantity. But we do love the ingredient list!
4. Tree Hut Sugar Scrub Mocha & Coffee Bean
Something that we particularly liked about this scrub, at first glance, was that it contains sugar. Now, sugar is another excellent natural scrub (besides coffee, that is) that leaves your skin feeling super soft and hydrated.
- Made from excellent, natural ingredients like 100% pure shea butter, Primrose Seed Oil, Macadamia Oil and of course, coffee beans;
- Balanced texture (not rough and not soft);
- Smooths out dry skin;
- Lightens dark stretch marks;
- Firms up saggy skin;
- Great smell;
- Good price;
- Leaves behind silky skin;
- A major downside we found was that several reviews refer to this as containing Polysorbate-20, which is a common skincare emulsifier made from plastic, which is very dangerous for the skin (and a known carcinogen);
- Some people had an allergic reaction.
We wanted to like this stuff, but after reading the warnings about Polysorbate-20, we can’t possibly recommend this with a clear conscience. You can buy it if you like, it is an effective scrub, by all accounts, but it contains this dangerous ingredient.
5. Arabica Coffee Exfoliating Body Scrub by MOSTORY
Best for a Great Smell
What immediately caught our eye about this body scrub is that it’s said to contain bigger granules, which would make it coarser and perhaps more abrasive, but also quite efficient.
- Delicious smell;
- Deeply moisturizing;
- Not too harsh;
- 100% natural;
- Free of plastic and microbeads;
- Lightens dark stretch marks;
- Thorough exfoliator.
- It seems this was not ‘rough’ enough for some;
- A bit pricey;
- Small container;
- A few reviews mentioned this contained toxic ingredients (someone said mineral oil) – if this is true, we count that as a minus.
But overall, we were quite impressed by the huge amount of positive reviews – people seem to be crazy about the smell of this. So, we’re recommending it!
General Tip: Obviously, some of the caffeine in this will be absorbed into your skin, so maybe use this in the morning, in the shower, and not at night, before you go to bed, as it might keep you up.
6. Handcraft Arabica Coffee Body Scrub
Best for Size
What we liked about this one was that it’s specially targeted at stretch marks (also at varicose veins and cellulite) and that it comes in a pretty huge jar.
- Organic ingredients;
- Not too harsh;
- Great smell;
- Said to work both on body and face;
- Leaves skin soft;
- Big jar (because you will use quite a bit if covering the whole body);
- Stimulates circulation;
- Some saw an improvement in their stretch marks;
- Too abrasive for some;
- Some may have gotten a defective/spoiled ingredient;
- Irritating for a few users.
The number of good reviews trumps the number of bad by quite a significant bit. Overall, this scrub seems to be much effective, and we love the fact that it’s made from quality, natural ingredients.
So, it’s another recommendation from us!
Tip: This scrub, like some of the others on this list, contains sea salt. So, make sure not to use it on barely shaved skin or open wounds, as it will sting.
7. LUVBOD Luxury Coffee Scrub
Best for Splurge
Our first thought when we saw this was ‘who doesn’t love a good donut?’. Okay, so maybe we should explain a little bit. LUVBOD’s coffee scrub comes with this delicious donut smell, which will have you smelling like a wonderful bakery all day. Neat, huh?
- Great ingredients and no chemical baddies;
- ‘Barely noticeable stretch marks’ after use;
- Soft, glowing skin;
- Amazing smell;
- The oil absorbs well into the skin and leaves it feeling properly moisturized all day;
- Comes with a little spoon to help you scoop it out of the jar.
- A bit difficult to get out;
- Not for the summer – the scent might attract bugs;
- Not for people who are sensitive to a strong smell.
Wow. I mean, we should’ve expected it when we heard about the donuts, right? But somehow, it still managed to amaze us how many excellent reviews this product got.
Now, it is pricier than the other scrubs in this list, but we love the few, natural ingredients and the rave reviews, so we’re recommending that you buy this.
Everyone deserves a little splurge once in a while!
General Tip: These are all body scrubs, and as such, more abrasive. That’s why we probably wouldn’t recommend that you use them on the face also because your skin is more sensitive there. Instead, look for a facial scrub from the same company if you’re happy with their products.
8. Organic Arabica Coffee Scrub by Calily Life
One great thing we noticed about this scrub (for cellulite and stretch marks!) is that it contains Dead Sea minerals as well as salt, and has wheat germ oil in it, which is an excellent ingredient for skincare.
- The (coffee) smell is delicious;
- Greatly reduces stretch marks and other blemishes;
- Potent moisturizer;
- Also helps with acne – great if you’re suffering from a flare-up during pregnancy;
- Leaves skin smooth;
- Natural ingredients.
- Might leave a bit of a greasy after-feel;
- Quite oily;
- The ones we did find were quite pricey;
- Contains mineral oil.
We would’ve loved to recommend this product, but we’re conflicted about doing so, given the mineral oil content. Overall, it seems like this is a quite effective scrub, though we’re pretty sure you’d be able to find better products for the high price and probably more healthy ones.
9. Arabica Coffee Scrub by Buena Skin
This body scrub for stretch marks came with a proven track record in making them fade, as well as a nice ingredient list. So naturally, we were eager to read the reviews.
- Great smell;
- Moisturizing and firms the skin;
- Results within a few days;
- Exfoliates well;
- Soft and smooth skin.
- A little hard to spread, you might want to mix in some extra oil (olive, coconut, that sort of thing) before use;
- Quite pricey;
- Leaked for some.
This one is another yes from us, although we are a bit bummed by the fact it’s a little dry. It would seem that for the price, you wouldn’t have to add any extra oils to hold it together. But overall, it’s a nice, organic scrub!
General Tip: As great as a scrub may seem, only exfoliate 2-3 times a week. Do it too often, and it can become counterproductive and dry out your skin excessively.
Comparing Coffee Scrubs
|Product||What We Liked||Key Ingredients||Best For…|
|Arabica Coffee Scrub||
||Best for Natural Ingredients|
|Majestic Pure Arabica Coffee Scrub||
||Best for Stretch Marks|
|Arabica Coffee Exfoliating Body Scrub by Premium Nature||
||Best for Budget|
|Tree Hut Sugar Scrub Mocha & Coffee Bean||
|Arabica Coffee Exfoliating Body Scrub||
||Best for a Great Smell|
|Handcraft Arabica Coffee Body Scrub||
||Best for Size|
|LUVBOD Luxury Coffee Scrub||
||Best for Splurge|
|Organic Arabica Coffee Scrub by Calily Life||
|Arabica Coffee Scrub by Buena Skin||
While we recommend most of the products in this list (unless otherwise specified), these are the ones that caught our attention:
The Arabica Coffee Scrub because of the excellent ingredient list.
The Majestic Pure Arabica Coffee Scrub for its lightening and tightening effect on stretch marks.
The Arabica Coffee Exfoliating Body Scrub both for its’ interesting ingredients and the great smell!
We honestly hope this review helped you choose the right body scrub for you!